Have you heard of the Mommy Makeover? It’s a popular option for new mothers and women who want to refresh their appearance. Combining various treatments, the Mommy Makeover can help boost confidence and restore pre-pregnancy bodies.
The procedure can address various areas, such as the breasts, abdomen, waist, and buttocks. Different techniques are available to achieve the desired results. Factors such as the level of restoration required, incision placement, and breast implant type are considered when determining the best approach.
At Egozi Plastic Surgery Clinic, we take a personalized approach to addressing post-pregnancy concerns. We offer a comfortable clinic setting and use state-of-the-art technology to provide the best patient care. If you’re looking for a trusted destination for your Mommy Makeover, Egozi Plastic Surgery is the place to go in Clearwater.
Common Concerns Addressed by a Mommy Makeover
Women experience many physical changes during and after pregnancy and childbirth, from drooping breasts to an increase in stubborn pockets of fat. The most common concerns that a Mommy Makeover can address include:
- Sagging breasts
- Abdominal laxity
- Excess fat in the thighs, arms, and stomach
- Loose skin
- Stretch marks
Mommy Makeover Treatment Areas
During your Mommy Makeover, you can choose from various treatments to combine for a rejuvenated appearance. This procedure is customized to meet your individual needs. You can choose from procedures such as:
- Breast augmentation (including lift, implants, reduction, or fat grafting)
- Tummy tuck
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Butt lift
- Thigh lift
- Arm lift
Who is a Mommy Makeover Candidate?
You may be a strong candidate for a Mommy Makeover if:
- You are in good health.
- You are comfortable with your body weight.
- You have realistic expectations going into your treatment.
- You do not plan to have more children in the future.
Results of a Mommy Makeover
Egozi Plastic Surgery will tailor your Mommy Makeover to your goals and concerns, giving you a personalized, natural-looking outcome that restores your pre-baby figure and boosts your confidence.
Restored Breast Volume and Shape
After pregnancy, some women notice their breasts might sag or look deflated. A Mommy Makeover can help! Women can regain that perky, natural look with procedures like breast lifts or augmentation. It can even help with shoulder or back pain from breastfeeding. These treatments can make breasts look fuller like they sometimes do during pregnancy.
Tightened and Flattened Abdominal Area
A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, helps tighten loose abdominal muscles. It also removes excess skin and fat to give you a flatter, more toned midsection to address any weight gain during and after pregnancy.
Enhanced Body Contour and Shape
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that removes fat from body areas such as the hips, thighs, or flanks. It can be performed as part of a Mommy Makeover to enhance the overall body shape and achieve a toned hourglass figure.
Mommy Makeover Recovery and Aftercare
While it’s understandable to want to return to your daily routine immediately, you must give your body enough time to heal and follow all aftercare instructions provided by the Egozi Plastic Surgery Clinic.
- Get help from friends and family: Due to the use of general anesthesia, arrange for a friend or family member to drive you home post-op and stay with you overnight. Hire a house cleaner for at least a week or two, or ask people close to you to help with household chores.
- Avoid strenuous activities: If you have young children, it’s important not to lift them for 1-2 weeks. Arrange for childcare if you are a stay-at-home mom. Post-op, you won’t be able to carry anything heavy or exercise strenuously for several weeks.
- Stock up on supplies: To avoid unnecessary trips to the store, have some of the following supplies on hand: stool softeners (to mitigate painkiller-induced constipation), a thermometer, low sodium foods, bottled water, smoothie ingredients, fresh produce, movies, books, and loose, comfortable clothing.
- Don’t take over-the-counter or prescribed blood thinners: Aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatories are off-limits. Do not take them three weeks before until at least two weeks after surgery, as they can trigger bleeding.
- Sleep with your head elevated: Getting a lot of quality rest is essential for the first couple of weeks post-op. Sleep on your back with your head and shoulders elevated on 2-3 firm pillows or a large wedge. Alternatively, sleep in a recliner.
- Contact the clinic with any concerns: The Mommy Makeover recovery process varies. It is important to attend follow-up appointments with Dr. Egozi as instructed. If you have questions or concerns between appointments, never hesitate to contact our office.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eating nutrient-dense foods, staying hydrated, and getting exercise when you can ensure proper healing and blood flow in the body. This way, you care for your health while optimizing your beautiful Mommy Makeover results!
Risks of Mommy Makeover
During your consultation, we will discuss all the potential risks involved, including any others that may arise. You must have realistic expectations and realize that surgical outcomes can differ in every case. To reduce surgical risks significantly, it’s essential to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive expertise, such as Dr. Egozi, for your Mommy Makeover.
Undergoing a Mommy Makeover is a deeply personal choice. It’s up to you to decide if the benefits are worth the potential risks. While bruising and swelling are normal for the first few weeks, complications are rare. However, it’s always best to be well informed. The risks of Mommy Makeover surgery include:
- Infection at incision sites
- Slow healing, such as delayed wound healing
- Loss of nipple sensation
- Inability to breastfeed post-op
- Implant leaks
- Skin looseness
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Cardiac and pulmonary problems
- Breast asymmetry
- Intolerance to anesthesia
Choosing Egozi Plastic Surgery for Your Mommy Makeover
At Egozi Plastic Surgery Clinic, our skilled surgeons and practitioners use cutting-edge techniques and technology to offer you a secure and efficient Mommy Makeover procedure. Our clinic is warm and inviting, and our patient-centric approach and compassionate care will help you attain your ideal body.
Contact Egozi Plastic Surgery today to book a consultation and discuss your Mommy Makeover aspirations.