Are You a Candidate for a Breast Reduction?
If any of the following circumstances apply to you, you may be a good candidate.
- Breast asymmetry
- Aching in the back, neck or shoulders caused by breast weight
- Physical restrictions due to breast weight and size
- Skin irritation and outbreaks below breasts
- Grooves on shoulders cause by taut bra straps
- Large breasts that are not in proportion with the rest of the body
- Weighty breasts with downward-pointing areolas and nipples
- Self-consciousness, low self-esteem and lack of confidence caused by breast appearance
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
Women seek numerous benefits, both medical and cosmetic, from the breast reduction procedure. The benefits of breast reduction surgery include the following:
1) Improved comfort
For many women, large breasts are more than an aesthetic issue. They can also cause major discomfort, triggering pain and pressure in the shoulders, neck and back. Breast reduction surgery can alleviate the physical discomfort caused by excessively large breasts.
2) Ease of movement
Large breasts can also cause irritating rashes, interfere with sports and other activities, and can even cause numbness, tingling, headaches, and breathing problems. Breast reduction surgery shifts the breast tissue upward, reducing weight and improving posture, making strenuous activity that much easier.
By removing excess fat, tissue, and skin from the breast, Dr. Egozi can render your breasts more proportional to the rest of your body. Breast asymmetry is also very common and can also be corrected with breast reduction surgery.
Many women with large breasts are very self-conscious about their breasts’ shape, size, and firmness. Breast reduction surgery can effectively reshape your breasts into a size and shape you are comfortable with and increase your self-confidence!
How Much Does a Breast Reduction Cost, on Average?
The cost of a breast reduction begins at $12,000. This cost does not include anesthesia, operating room facilities, or other related expenses. During your consultation, Dr. Egozi will help determine your total cost.
How is a Breast Reduction Procedure Performed?
Several methods can be employed to reduce a patient’s breast size successfully. However, the most common procedure involves three incisions:
- An incision around the areola
- A vertical incision from the bottom of the areola down to the fold underneath the breasts
- A third incision follows the natural contour of the crease
These three incisions allow the surgeon to remove excess breast tissue before shifting the areola back to a natural position. The surgeon then uses excess skin above the nipple to reshape it. The nipples remain attached to the original tissue to maintain sensation. The nipple and areola are stretched before surgery and will seem smaller after the procedure. Many women also report having better sensation to the nipple after breast reduction because of the nipple sensory nerves being less stretched after a breast reduction.
What are the Different Breast Reduction Types?
The different types of breast reduction surgery include:
1) Anchor Breast Reduction
The incision is made around the nipple, down the breast, and along the breast crease, forming an anchor shape. Fat, skin and tissue are then removed from the lower segment of the breast, and the nipple and areola are positioned higher up.
2) Vertical Breast Reduction
This relatively new technique is less invasive and can last longer. A ‘lollipop’ incision is made around the areola and down the breast, fat and tissue are removed, and excess skin is pleated to close the incision.
Why Choose Dr. Egozi as Your Breast Reduction Surgeon?
Dr. Egozi has been running a renowned cosmetic surgery practice since 2005, with his expertise spanning a wide range of aesthetic procedures–from noninvasive to surgical. Egozi Plastic Surgery facilities are state-of-the-art and are proudly counted among the foremost surgical centers offering breast reduction surgery in Tampa Bay.
Breast Reduction Surgery Recovery
- Medication is prescribed to help you deal with the discomfort.
- Your breast area is lightly bandaged, and you will wear support garments.
- Rest at home and do no lifting; walking is recommended.
- You may return to work usually within a week or less following surgery unless your job requires lifting, in which case you should return to light duty upon return to work.
- Your breasts may still be swollen, and light bruising may still be somewhat visible.
- Refrain from lifting heavy items.
Weeks Three and Beyond
- You start feeling more comfortable, and you return to most of your normal activities.
- You may begin increasing strenuous activity and resume lifting heavier objects.
- Most of the swelling has resolved, but you may still experience mild swelling for a few more weeks.
Schedule Your Tampa Bay Breast Reduction
Surgeons recommend that patients wait for their bodies to develop fully before undergoing surgery. For women who plan on having children and breastfeeding, it is best to postpone breast reduction surgery until you no longer plan to breastfeed.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding alter the shape and size of a woman’s breast. Although breast reduction can be performed at any time, it is important to discuss any future family plans with Dr. Egozi before scheduling a procedure to optimize the timing of your breast reduction surgery in Tampa Bay.