Breast Reduction Surgery Recovery
• Medication is prescribed to help you deal with the discomfort.
• Your breast area is lightly bandaged, and you will wear support garments.
• Rest at home and do no lifting; walking is recommended.
• You may return to work usually within a week or less following surgery, unless your job requires lifting, in which case you should return to light duty upon return to work.
• Your breasts may still be swollen, and light bruising may still be somewhat visible.
• Refrain from lifting heavy items.
Weeks Three and Beyond
• You start feeling more comfortable and you return to most of your normal activities.
• You may begin increasing strenuous activity and resume lifting heavier objects.
• Most of the swelling has resolved but you may still experience mild swelling for a few more weeks.