What Is Botox and How Does It Work?
A Botox injectable treatment relaxes the facial muscles responsible for causing wrinkling and the visible signs of aging. A single treatment can target problem areas to create a natural and youthful appearance. When injected into face and neck muscles, Botox injectables temporarily relax muscles, which softens wrinkles and fine lines and reduces the pulled-down, drooping appearance. Patients typically expect a reduction of 80% of wrinkles that can last up to 4 months.
Botox can also target non-cosmetic issues, such as Botox for migraines or excessive sweating. Many people in their 20s and 30s also seek preventative Botox to make the aging process easier on their skin. You can also seek a Botox lip flip, which gives you a natural, enhanced pout that won’t disappear when you smile.
The straightforward process lasts just 20 minutes on average, and following the treatment, patients can return to daily activities. Botox is a short-term treatment requiring multiple visits, depending on the patient’s attempt.
Benefits of having Botox Injections
1) Wrinkle Reduction
A botox treatment keeps facial areas such as the brows, crow’s feet, and smile lines perky and wrinkle-free.
2) Restore a Youthful Appearance
A highly effective injectable for reducing the signs of aging and restoring a youthful appearance.
3) Lift the Brow
Botox treatments can lift the brow, reversing drooping that makes a face look tired.
4) Minimize Migraines
Botox is proven to help minimize migraines because of a blockage to the sensory nerves that send pain messages to the brain.
5) No Downtime
The non-surgical treatment has virtually no downtime, and most patients fit it into their daily activities.
Botox Side Effects
Common side effects from Botox include pain, swelling, or bruising at the injection site. However, rarer side effects that can occur if you have not had an in-depth consultation with your cosmetic team and aren’t in the right hands can include the following:
- Muscle weakness.
- Eyelid droop from Botox.
- Trouble speaking or swallowing.
- Loss of bladder control.
- Breathing issues.
How Much Do Botox Injectables Cost?
The cost of a Botox injectable treatment varies based on the necessary work and area of concern. The number of required units will vary from person to person. However, when it comes to injectables that give you quick results that last for a reasonable amount of time, a new Xeomin vs Botox comparison is being made. Although Xeomin can show you more immediate results, it is more costly than the average syringe of Botox.
How Is a Botox Procedure Performed in Clearwater?
Today, there are three non-surgical and non-biological treatment options that candidates should consider viable for treating wrinkles and fine lines: Juvederm®, Restylane®, and Radiesse®.
- Juvederm is an injectable to fill out fine to deep wrinkles to create a fuller, youthful appearance. The gel filler is injected into the middle to deep subsurface skin layers, plumping the skin for a natural and youthful appearance.
- Restylane® was explicitly created to be compatible with the body’s chemistry, minimizing the chance of an adverse reaction. Like Juvederm, this injectable is placed in the sub-dermal region, and results can last up to 6 months.
- Radiesse ® works a little differently from the two counterparts. The injectable is applied below the surface to create a new framework to support the skin. In addition to adding volume, this injectable also helps to stimulate the production of collagen, giving the face a fuller, more vibrant appearance. Radiesse ® is a bit firmer (lasting about 1-2 years); therefore, it may not be the best choice for every patient.
The Botox procedure itself is relatively simple. A numbing cream is applied to the target area to minimize discomfort before a thin needle injects tiny amounts of botulinum toxin into the skin or muscles. The number of injections needed depends on the extent of the area being treated.
Three things you should expect to have to do after your treatment in Clearwater include:
- Wait to work out. Wait until the morning after your treatment to exercise, as you don’t want to risk inflammation or raised blood pressure.
- Wait to apply makeup. Wait a week after your treatment before applying makeup to avoid swelling or causing infection.
- Use a gentle facial cleanser. Use a mild facial cleanser only for one day after your procedure. Avoid rubbing or massaging your face, as it can spread the toxin to other areas of the face. You can return to your regular skincare routine after two days.