Cosmetic Botox Injections in Tampa, FL
What Is Botox and How Does It Work?
A Botox injectable treatment relaxes the facial muscles responsible for causing wrinkling and the visible signs of aging. A single treatment can target problem areas to create a natural and youthful appearance. When injected into face and neck muscles, Botox injectables temporarily relax muscles, which softens wrinkles and fine lines and reduces the pulled-down, drooping appearance. Patients typically expect a reduction of 80% of wrinkles that can last up to 4 months.
Botox can also target non-cosmetic issues, such as Botox for migraines or excessive sweating. Many people in their 20s and 30s also seek preventative Botox to make the aging process easier on their skin. You can also seek a Botox lip flip, which gives you a natural, enhanced pout that won’t disappear when you smile.
The straightforward process lasts just 20 minutes on average, and following the treatment, patients can return to daily activities. Botox is a short-term treatment requiring multiple visits, depending on the patient’s attempt.
Benefits of having Botox Injections
1) Wrinkle Reduction
A botox treatment keeps facial areas such as the brows, crow’s feet, and smile lines perky and wrinkle-free.
2) Restore a Youthful Appearance
A highly effective injectable for reducing the signs of aging and restoring a youthful appearance.
3) Lift the Brow
Botox treatments can lift the brow, reversing drooping that makes a face look tired.
4) Minimize Migraines
Botox is proven to help minimize migraines because of a blockage to the sensory nerves that send pain messages to the brain.
5) No Downtime
The non-surgical treatment has virtually no downtime, and most patients fit it into their daily activities.
Botox Side Effects
Common side effects from Botox include pain, swelling, or bruising at the injection site. However, rarer side effects that can occur if you have not had an in-depth consultation with your cosmetic team and aren’t in the right hands can include the following:
- Muscle weakness.
- Eyelid droop from Botox.
- Trouble speaking or swallowing.
- Loss of bladder control.
- Breathing issues.
How Much Do Botox Injectables Cost?
The cost of a Botox injectable treatment varies based on the necessary work and area of concern. The number of required units will vary from person to person. However, when it comes to injectables that give you quick results that last for a reasonable amount of time, a new Xeomin vs Botox comparison is being made. Although Xeomin can show you more immediate results, it is more costly than the average syringe of Botox.
How Is a Botox Procedure Performed?
Today, there are three non-surgical and non-biological treatment options that candidates should consider viable for treating wrinkles and fine lines: Juvederm®, Restylane®, and Radiesse®.
- Juvederm is an injectable to fill out fine to deep wrinkles to create a fuller, youthful appearance. The gel filler is injected into the middle to deep subsurface skin layers, plumping the skin for a natural and youthful appearance.
- Restylane® was explicitly created to be compatible with the body’s chemistry, minimizing the chance of an adverse reaction. Like Juvederm, this injectable is placed in the sub-dermal region, and results can last up to 6 months.
- Radiesse ® works a little differently from the two counterparts. The injectable is applied below the surface to create a new framework to support the skin. In addition to adding volume, this injectable also helps to stimulate the production of collagen, giving the face a fuller, more vibrant appearance. Radiesse ® is a bit firmer (lasting about 1-2 years); therefore, it may not be the best choice for every patient.
The Botox procedure itself is relatively simple. A numbing cream is applied to the target area to minimize discomfort before a thin needle injects tiny amounts of botulinum toxin into the skin or muscles. The number of injections needed depends on the extent of the area being treated.
Three things you should expect to have to do after your treatment in Tampa include:
- Wait to work out. Wait until the morning after your treatment to exercise, as you don’t want to risk inflammation or raised blood pressure.
- Wait to apply makeup. Wait a week after your treatment before applying makeup to avoid swelling or causing infection.
- Use a gentle facial cleanser. Use a mild facial cleanser only for one day after your procedure. Avoid rubbing or massaging your face, as it can spread the toxin to other areas of the face. You can return to your regular skincare routine after two days.
Why Choose Dr. Egozi for Botox?
Dr. Egozi is qualified and experienced in administering Botox. Patients can expect a doctor who takes great pride in delivering excellent Botox treatments that create a natural and youthful appearance.
The expert results are achieved by taking extra care to ensure that the muscles causing wrinkling are the ones being treated. Your muscle culprits will be evaluated during your initial consultation, and subsequent recommendations will be made to develop a complete course of action for the best results.
Who is a Candidate for Botox Injections?
A Botox treatment is an ideal non-surgical option for anyone who would like to reverse any unattractive line or wrinkle on the face that is causing the face to look pulled down. The treatment often focuses on facial areas such as lip lines, crow’s feet, cheeks, and jowls but can also be used on the neck and chest lines.
Candidates should also have realistic expectations about the results following a Botox treatment. Botox injectable is not intended to eliminate all wrinkle lines but instead significantly soften lines. Intense facial drooping can also be hard to rectify, with Botox injectables unlikely to provide significant elevation. Call (727) 461-5872 to book an appointment today!
What Areas Can Botox Treat?
Botox can be performed in many areas, but the most popular treatment areas are:
- The glabellar forehead area.
- Crow’s feet around the sides of the eyes.
- Smile lines.
- Worry lines which typically show horizontally across the forehead.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) When Will I Able to See the Botox Treatment Results?
Although a visible improvement will be noticed almost immediately, patients can expect the full effect of the Botox to be seen after one week. At this time, significant softening and smoothing out of the wrinkles, and elevation of the overlying soft tissue will be seen.
2) How Long Does Botox Cosmetic Injection Last?
Botox is not a permanent wrinkle solution and, as such, repeat treatments are required for long-term results. Wrinkle smoothing will last for 3-4 months and will begin to subside by month 4 or 5.
2) How Often Should I Be Treated with a Botox Injection?
Our cosmetic center in Tampa Bay recommends that Botox treatments are repeated every 4-6 months or 2-3 times per year. This will vary from area to area, and Dr. Egozi will help devise a thorough treatment plan for you to get the best results. Some areas (including upper lips lines and delicate regions) may require more frequent Botox injections every 2-3 months.
3) Who Should Not Use Botox?
It is essential to understand your aesthetic priorities and treatment goals and adequately align them with the benefits that Botox offers. While Botox is extremely effective in providing a temporary solution to wrinkles, to rectify intense facial drooping a facelift procedure is more beneficial. During your initial consultation, Dr. Egozi will listen to your goals and discuss your options to ensure overall success.