What Are the 3 Alternatives for Facial Fillers?
Years ago, Botox was the only option for patients looking to treat wrinkles and other facial signs of aging. There are now a number of injectables, such as Juvederm, that can restore youthfulness to your face.
Juvederm, the first option, is a gel that acts as a filler that smooths out skin and removes wrinkles. Juvederm is injected directly into the skin’s subsurface, tightening skin and causing wrinkles to disappear. Treatments can be effective for up to nine months post-treatment.
Restylane, another option, is another injectable facial treatment. Restylane is designed for compatibility with the body’s chemistry, which helps mitigate unwanted reactions to the treatment. Like Juvederm, Restylane is injected into the skin, resulting in tightness and the elimination of wrinkles. It is effective for up to six months, though some patients have reported longer-lasting results.
Radiesse, the third option, achieves similar results to Juvederm and Restylane, though through a different process. Instead of acting as a filler, Radiesse treatments create an entirely new base in the skin’s subsurface, which serves as a support for the skin. This technique adds volume to the skin and encourages collagen production, resulting in a natural, youthful appearance. Radiesse’s effects last between one and two years.
What Is Juvederm Injection?
Juvederm is what is known as a dermal filler. It is a gel made of hyaluronic acid and water, which is injected into the skin to add volume and smooth wrinkles. Juvederm is a non-surgical procedure, and treatments can take just a few minutes to complete.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Injectables?
Both men and women over the age of 18 are good candidates for injectables. The best candidates for injectable treatments are non-smokers with moderate to severe wrinkles or other facial concerns, such as sunken cheeks. All patients choosing injectable facial treatments should have realistic expectations for their results, which will be discussed in advance with Dr. Egozi. Patients with a history of severe allergies may not be good candidates for injectable fillers; Dr. Egozi will discuss your medical history with you to determine whether injectables are ideal for treating your areas of concern.
- Non-surgical and can be performed within minutes, making it a fast, safe, and effective way to eliminate the signs of facial aging.
- Comfortable, quick, and effective at treating a number of areas of concern
- Fast recovery time, generally less than 24 hours
- Long-lasting, with treatments showing efficacy up to nine months after the procedure is performed.
Benefits of Having Restylane
- Contains hyaluronic acid, which is an effective tool in filling out facial features and smoothing wrinkles
- Comfortable and quick, with a recovery time of less than a day
- Treatments can last up to six months
Benefits of Having Radiesse
- Considered hypoallergenic
- Stimulates collagen production, which helps your body naturally fight the signs of age
- Comfortable, quick, and relatively painless, with a short recovery time
- Results are long-lasting, with some patients reporting treatments lasting up to two years
Restylane vs Juvederm
While Restylane and Juvederm both use hyaluronic acid to provide anti-aging injectable treatments, there are some differences.
- Length of treatment: Juvederm lasts up to nine months, while Restylane lasts up to six months
- Results: Juvederm results may show up slightly more quickly than Restylane results
- Areas of efficacy: Restylane tends to work particularly well around the mouth, though it is effective for all areas of the face. There are different types of Juvederm injection for different areas of the face
Juvederm vs Botox
There are some significant differences between Juvederm and Botox.
- Type of injectable: Juvederm is a gel injectable that plumps and fills out the face, while Botox temporarily relaxes facial muscles.
- Cost: Juvederm can cost around $600 per injection. Botox can be slightly less costly per injection, but patients may require numerous injections.
- Results: Juvederm results can show up within a day or two, while Botox results may show up significantly slower.
- Length of treatment: Juvederm lasts up to nine months, but Botox can wear off within 3-4 few months.
Facial Fillers Risks & Safety
As with all cosmetic procedures, injectable facial treatments pose some risks. Patients may experience some swelling and bruising after their treatment and will want to refrain from any strenuous activity or anything that requires significant use of their facial muscles, such as eating very crunchy or chewy foods, shortly after their treatment. Itching or redness may also be present as you heal from your procedure. Dr. Egozi will discuss your medical history with you ahead of your appointment to ensure there is a low risk of an allergic reaction, and to make sure that you are overall a suitable candidate for injectables.
How Much Does Juvederm Cost?
The cost of Juvederm treatments can vary depending on the number of injections needed and the size of the site being treated. Typically, treatment will cost between $400-$600 per injection.
How Is Facial Filler Injection Performed?
Before your appointment, Dr. Egozi will discuss your desired outcomes and expectations with you. Points on your face may be marked to ensure the injections are put in the correct place in order to achieve your desired results. During the appointment, syringes of the injectable solution of your choice will be applied to your face in the areas where you wish to achieve anti-aging results. Injections are generally completed within minutes, but the length of the appointment will depend on how substantial your treatment is.
Why Choose Dr. Egozi as Your Facial Fillers Plastic Surgeon
With more than 15 years of cosmetic surgery experience, Dr. Egozi has become one of the most in-demand cosmetic surgeons in the Tampa Bay area. In addition to being a skilled, competent, professional surgeon, Dr. Egozi is a perfectionist with a keen eye for detail, who will work closely with you to discuss and deliver the best results possible.
Recovery Process After the Juvederm Injection
The recovery process after a Juvederm injection is generally brief. You may experience some swelling, bruising, or pain and should abstain from strenuous chewing, smoking, or moving your face too much for at least 24 hours, while your injections settle.
Facial Filler Achieves Natural-Looking Results
Because facial fillers are non-surgical and subtle, treatments will result in a natural-looking appearance that is youthful and revitalized.
How Long Does It Take for Juvederm to Soften?
While Juvederm results can show up within 24 hours of your procedure, it can take up to two weeks for Juvederm to completely soften.
Does Juvederm Work Instantly?
Juvederm works quickly, but it will still take a day before the results are visible.
What Lip Fillers Do Kardashians Use?
Kylie Jenner, the Kardashian family member famous for her full lips, uses Juvederm lip injections.
Is Restylane More Expensive Than Juvederm?
How much your treatment costs will depend on how many injections you need to achieve your desired results. However, Juvederm injections do cost slightly more than Restylane injections, on average.